Using a good knife for processing or cutting meat can make the kitchen experience a lot easier. Not only that, the overall cooking as well as the quality of taste widely depends on the shape and quality of cutting
Using a good knife for processing or cutting meat can make the kitchen experience a lot easier. Not only that, the overall cooking as well as the quality of taste widely depends on the shape and quality of cutting meat. So, looking for the best knives for cutting meat is worth it.
There are many famous brands of kitchen knives like MAIRICO, Dalstrong, and Utopia. Different brands offer different functionalities and features. So, you need to be very careful while choosing a knife to cut meat. You should know each detail regarding the design and function of the knife before buying a new one.
Here in this article, I’ll be discussing how you can choose the best kitchen knives that will specifically meet your requirements. You’ll know what factors to be considered to choose a knife. Also, here you’ll get the top 10 knives list for meat cutting according to professionals.
So, let’s get started.
|1. MAIRICO Ultra Sharp 11-in||The 11-inch stainless steel knife is free from Rust and stain. The riveted handle provides a smooth grip as well as comfort while cutting.||Check Price|
|2. TUO slicing knife 12-inch||This narrow-blade knife can be used without a cutting board due to its ultra-sharpness. The weight of this knife is only 8.2 ounces. But the toughness is really good compared to its weight.||Check Price|
|3. Product Headline Goes Here||Bright Hobby is a popular brand of meat-craven knives. The Razor sharp 12-inch craven knife is one of the best products of the brand.||Check Price|
|4. MAIRICO hollow blade 11-inch knife:
||All the carving knife from MAIRICO is good enough when it comes to carving meat. This 11-inch knife is no different.
|5. TUO slicing knife 12-inch
||This narrow-blade knife can be used without a cutting board due to its ultra-sharpness. The weight of this knife is only 8.2 ounces. But the toughness is really good compared to its weight.
|6. Dalstrong 8-inch Butcher knife
||These one-pound curved-edge slicing knives are constructed with forged steel. The length of the full knife is 10 inches while the blade length is 8 inches.
|7. Victorinox 12-inch Fibrox pro
||The Victorinox knife is only 1.6 ounces in weight. It’s 18 inches long and the blade is 10 inches. So, the rest 8 inches is the handle. This product is made in the USA. People who are using this knife are considered it as a great value for money.||Check Price|
|8. Mercer Genesis 10-inch carving knife:||Though it is a German knife its heritage belongs to the Japanese knife actually. The Rockwell rating of this knife is HRC56 and the blade angle is about 15 degrees.||Check Price|
|9. Zelite Infinity Butcher knife:
||The knife is very versatile to use and popular for its multi-purpose use. The weight of this knife is 14.3 ounces and the blade thickness is only 3.2mm.||Check Price|
|10. Utopia Kitchen 8-inch Chef knife:
||This is the last product on our list. This knife is 10 ounces in weight and 11.9 inches in total length. It comes in a case only and doesn’t provide any sheath.||Check Price|
Different types of meat knives
There are a lot of different types of kitchen knives specially made for cutting meat. Here I’m mentioning the most popular and widely used knives for meat cutting with a short description.
- Carving knife:
These knives are used for meat cutting, especially for roasting or slicing.
- Butcher’s knife: This knife is used for chopping meat as well as bones.
- Slicing knife:
A slicing knife is dedicated to making slices of meat with its long, sharp edge.
- Boning knife:
This knife is used to separate meat from bones.
- Meat cleaver:
Cleavers are thin and less in weight which makes it easier to make large cuts of meat.
- Chef knife:
This is basically a butcher knife used to process any type of meat and can perform multiple functions.
Why is it important to cut meat with a knife?
Well, it’s very straightforward that a knife is necessary to make the meat in the desired shape. The taste as well as the appearance of any food depends on how the meat is sliced or chopped. For different kinds of dishes, the meat-cutting methods are different so are the knives used.
Some meat is harder and some contain bone in itself. So, undoubtedly you’ll require a sharp edge to give the meat proper shape before cooking. Moreover, using a rusted or rough-edged knife can degrade the quality of the meat.
That’s why it’s really necessary to use in knife to cut meat.
Our top picks for the best meat knives
Depending on the functionalities, design, durability, and ease of use, we’ve selected the top 10 knives for cutting meat. Let’s explore them one by one and see which one is best for you.
1. MAIRICO Ultra Sharp 11-inch knife
- Excellent design: The design of this knife is so good that feels very comfortable while using it. There’s actually no hassle of slipping from the hand while cutting harder portions of meat. The ergonomic design provides sufficient grip while cutting.
- Durable material: Since the knife is made of premium stainless steel, there is no risk of wear or corrosion. The strength of this knife is good enough to serve for a long period of time.
- Refund option: That may be the best thing you can expect from a knife seller. If you buy one of these knives from Amazon, they’ll offer you a full refund if you’re not satisfied with the performance of the knife.
- Versatile usability: You can use this knife for cutting vegetables, fruits, or meat.
This premium stainless steel knife is excellent for cutting meat, fruits, or vegetables. It can be used to cut all types of meats like ham, beef, pork loins, etc.
The 11-inch stainless steel knife is free from Rust and stain. The riveted handle provides a smooth grip as well as comfort while cutting.
- you will get a refund if you are not satisfied with the performance of this knife
- The knife is 11 inches long which is very convenient for cutting meat
- no matter what types of meat or vegetables are put your willing to cut the Ultra sharp edge of a knife will be able to do it perfectly.
- The length of the knife can be a bit uncomfortable for cutting fruits.
- The price can be a bit higher than other average knives.
2. Victorinox Fibrox Pro knife
- Thermoplastic handle: The thermoplastic handle provides a good grip while holding the knife. Besides it also provides extra surface friction to avoid slipping when the hand is wet.
- Wear-resistant stainless steel: These knives are made of stainless steel and are completely wear-resistant.
- Granton blade: This blade produces less friction and a smooth cutting experience. The air pockets in the blade edge make this thing more functional and convenient to use.
- Narrow and longer design: The narrow and long shape of the blade provides comfort while cutting any type of meat.
This 12-inch knife is capable of cutting anything from meat to vegetables or sandwiches. You will also enjoy a lifetime warranty with this blade. The weight of this blade is about .54 pounds which is really low compared to the rigidity and strength of this knife.
Moreover, the knife comes with a Granton blade. These blades are special because they have air gaps on the edge which prevents the meat from sticking to the age of the blood. These knives are made in Switzerland and recommended by many top professional chefs.
- The 12-inch long edge provides more space for cutting or slicing meat.
- Granton blades are really useful for a smooth and clean-cutting experience.
- You can use this butcher’s knife to cut or slice almost anything or as a carving knife.
- The plastic sleeve of these knives is not as good as expected.
- These knives are a little pricy than others.
3. Bright Hobby meat carving knife
- Razor-sharp Granton blade: The blade is designed in such a way that it can cut almost any raw meat without any hard effort.
- Easy to resharpen: The 2mm blade is very easy to resharpen. This blade works amazingly as both a carving knife and slicing.
- Versatile use: This knife is capable of cutting raw meat like beef, ham, pork, etc. But you can also cut bread with these knives.
- 90-day warranty: This knife comes with a 90-day manufacturing warranty in case of any material defect.
Bright Hobby is a popular brand of meat-craven knives. The Razor sharp 12-inch craven knife is one of the best products of the brand.
The ergonomic design will enable you to hold the knife very comfortably while cutting or craving meat. The handle is really tough and the whole knife is corrosion-resistant.
- Can be used for versatile purposes from meat cutting to slicing vegetables.
- The warranty policy is good enough.
- The design is unique and properly engineered to make the cutting experience better.
- Comes in a great magnetic cardboard box.
- The handle is made of stainless steel. So, it can be slippery in wet hands.
4. MAIRICO hollow blade 11-inch knife:
- Long blade: The 11-inch blade is perfect for a meat cleaver. Besides, it can be used as a boning knife for cutting meat.
- Durable Material: The German stainless steel blade and stainless steel handle make it nearly the best knife for cutting meat.
- The hollow shape blade edge: Due to this type of blade edge, it becomes a perfect meat knife. Moreover, it can be used as a bread knife too.
- Slicing knife: This utility knife from MAIRICO is capable of working as a slicing knife besides being a boning knife too.
All the carving knife from MAIRICO is good enough when it comes to carving meat. This 11-inch knife is no different.
The unique design of these knife blades and handle make them really easy to use. This is the right knife for slicing cooked meats too. The weight of this knife is 14.4 ounces and the full length of the knife is 17.9 inches.
- Easy to return if not satisfied with the full-refund policy.
- Best meat-cutting knives within budget.
- This knife is able to cut raw meat easily.
- The length is too big for small meat slicing.
5. TUO slicing knife 12-inch
- Ultra sharp blade: The very thin blade is long, sharp, and made of German steel.
- Long handle: The long and uniquely designed handle provides a good grip while carving meat.
- Low weight: The weight of this knife is really little so very easy to operate.
- Versatile use: This utility knife can be used to cut raw meats, cooked meat as well as vegetables, or as a bread knife.
This narrow-blade knife can be used without a cutting board due to its ultra-sharpness. The weight of this knife is only 8.2 ounces. But the toughness is really good compared to its weight.
It can be considered the best knife for cutting meat due to its design. The blade is 12 inches long and the overall length is about 17 inches. Though it is primarily a carving knife for meat it can also be used as a bread knife due to its lightweight and excellent handle.
- This meat knife comes in a beautiful-looking box,
- Can be used both as a butcher knife and a steak knife.
- Compared to other meat knives the weight of this carving knife is very low.
- The handle finish is not as good as expected.
6. Dalstrong 8-inch Butcher knife
- Tripple riveted handle: It provides the knife to grab properly while cutting meat without a cutting board.
- Sharp point blade edge: The curved blade is perfect as a boning knife as well as a utility knife. That’s why this knife is widely used to slice meat.
- Long-lasting material: The material is High Carbon steel that will last for years without even a single rust.
- Perfect chef’s knives: Dalstrong has a certified license for their knives to be used as professional chef’s knives.
These one-pound curved-edge slicing knives are constructed with forged steel. The length of the full knife is 10 inches while the blade length is 8 inches.
Since 2019 this knife is widely popular as a steak knife and is being used by professional chefs. The company Dalstrong has a long history of serving for more than 20 years with quality knives all over the world. So, undoubtedly this knife is quite good considering its price.
- Cutting-edge technology is used to prepare the razor-sharp edge of this knife.
- The small size blade is perfect for use as a bread knife too.
- Compared to the price, it can be considered as a quality knife to prepare thin slices of meat.
- For some people who are looking for a longer forged knife, this is not an option.
7. Victorinox 12-inch Fibrox pro
- Extremely lightweight: This knife is very lightweight so it’s really comfortable to hold and operate.
- Narrow Granton blade: The narrow granton blade has air pockets that reduce food sticking onto the knife edge.
- Ergonomic: The ergonomic design is specially engineered to provide a smooth cutting experience.
- Razor sharp blade: The edge of the blade of this knife is extremely sharp. So, from meat to fruits, everything can be sliced with this knife.
The Victorinox knife is only 1.6 ounces in weight. It’s 18 inches long and the blade is 10 inches. So, the rest 8 inches is the handle. This product is made in the USA. People who are using this knife are considered it as a great value for money.
On Amazon, the product has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5.0. This company has been in this industry since 1884. Without quality services, no brand can survive this long time.
So, we can trust this brand and its products.
- The overall look of this knife is attractive which makes it a giftable product.
- The price is not so high.
- Great utility knife for regular kitchen use.
- Most of the kitchen knives of this brand are almost similar in function.
8. Mercer Genesis 10-inch carving knife:
- Sharp edge: The blade is very sharp and easy to resharpen also. Though you need not resharpen it frequently, if required you can do it very easily.
- High-quality material: This knife is made of German steel. This long-lasting material the sharpness of this knife sustain longer.
- Tapper blade edge: This knife comes with a tapper blade with a 15-degree blade angle which makes the meat-cutting process more efficient.
- Better Rockwe rating: The Rockwell rating of this knife indicates that the hardness is well enough to withstand high force or pressure.
Though it is a German knife its heritage belongs to the Japanese knife actually. The Rockwell rating of this knife is HRC56 and the blade angle is about 15 degrees.
The weight of this knife is 8.5 ounces and the length is 17 inches. This is a forged knife that is available in the market since 2008 and is widely popular among many chefs.
- Ergonomic design for efficient cutting.
- Comparatively better and more durable material.
- Easy to hold and operate due to the longer handle and good surface finish.
- Does not come with any clothes to clean the blade or knife.
- The company doesn’t have too many options to choose from.
9. Zelite Infinity Butcher knife:
- Chinese meat cleaver knife: This is a Chinese meat cleaver that is among the best Chinee products available.
- Multi-purpose knife: From chopping, and slicing to cutting both small and large meat, this knife can be used anywhere.
- Money-back guarantee: You’ll get a full money-back guarantee in case you’re not satisfied with the result.
- Premium Packaging: If you’re willing to gift this knife to anyone, the good news is it comes with very attractive and premium packaging.
The knife is very versatile to use and popular for its multi-purpose use. The weight of this knife is 14.3 ounces and the blade thickness is only 3.2mm.
The overall rating of these products is 4.7 out of 5.0. Well, sharpening this knife may need some serious attention. Experts recommend sharpening the knife after every 6-8 hours of use.
- The knife is very robust as well as durable
- Completely rust-resistant.
- Very easy to clean with water or detergent.
- Check and confirm the packaging and product models before purchasing since many have a complaint about getting a dirty or wrong one in shipment.
10. Utopia Kitchen 8-inch Chef knife:
- Slim blade: The blade thickness is about 2.5mm. So, it’s extremely sharp.
- Multiple sizes available: The knife comes in two different sizes of 8-inch and 6-inch blades. But the handle length is about 5.3 inches.
- Well balanced: The handle is designed in such a way that it maintains perfect balance while carving meat.
- Knife guard: It comes with a convenient knife guard for ensuring safety.
This is the last product on our list. This knife is 10 ounces in weight and 11.9 inches in total length. It comes in a case only and doesn’t provide any sheath.
The only color available for this knife is black. Made of 100% stainless steel this butcher knife is absolutely one of the best meat cleavers available in the market right now.
- Great value for money.
- Durable and long-lasting sharpness.
- Comes in two different sizes.
- Doesn’t come with a good sheath.
- According to the price, the service can be improved.
What makes a good meat-cutting knife?
How do you know whether you need butcher knives or boning knives? Or is it okay to use a bread knife instead of a meat knife? Of course not. Is high carbon stainless steel good or normal stainless steel blade?
Well, when buying a knife especially for cutting meat, it’s very necessary to look for some specific features. Here, I’m mentioning the features that make a knife excellent for cutting meat.
- The handle of the knife should be rigid, properly designed to provide a good grip, and ergonomic. Besides, it should have a curved or narrow blade.
- The weight of the whole knife should be minimum or something that you’re conformable with. It also improves the performance while slicing meat.
- A sharp knife is mandatory for the proper cutting of raw meat. So, choose the right knife for cutting meat wisely.
- The material should be rust, stain, and corrosion free. Otherwise, it’ll not only affect the knife’s performance but also degrade the quality of food (meat)
- One of the prime concerns while choosing a good knife is the sharpness of the edge. Nowadays, Granton blades are becoming more and more popular due to their better functionality.
Things to consider before buying knives for meat
Before buying a knife make sure that you’ve checked the following things. Otherwise, you may not get perfect performance from the knife and the overall cutting experience can be a nightmare. The best knife for cutting meat must have the following features.
Stainless steel is the best material when it comes to a knife.
- Blade design:
The blade should have very sharp edges so that you can cut meat with minimum effort.
Don’t forget to compare the price with other available knives along with their features.
- Look for optimum solution:
Remember, you won’t want to buy a knife frequently and try experimenting with new brands. So, I’ll suggest spending some more bucks for a better option since It’ll make your kitchen experience easier.
- Identity your purposes:
Some knives are best as carving knives while some are great as meat cleavers. So, before making a buying decision, make sure to fix what you exactly want to do with your knife.
- Choose blade wisely:
The blade is actually the main part of any knife. So, choose what type of blade you need. Curved blades are good for slicing whereas hollow-edge blades are a better option for chopping.
Since these kitchen knives are extremely sharp, accidents may occur at any time if not maintained properly. So, don’t compromise with safety. Try to look for a knife that comes in a hard and safe enclosure or box and can be used to store the knife while not being used.
Knives can have faults or material defects. That’s very common and you must be careful about this. Make sure your knife brand offers sufficient after-sell services including replacement or refund options. Generally, most good knives come with a 3-4 month warranty. Some brands also have lifetime warranty policies.
These are some tips to keep in mind while buying the best knife for meat. Make sure to follow each of them.
Best knives for cutting meat can vary with the exact purposes that you’re looking for. For some purposes, like cutting raw meat, you may need a longer handle with a narrow edge, and sharp blade, while some may require a wide, rigid handle and granton blade.
So, basically, the type of knife you need depends on what you exactly want to do with the knife. MAIRICO or Victorinox can be a good option if you have the budget. Otherwise, look for a cheaper option.
But remember, you won’t want to buy a knife frequently and try experimenting with new brands. So, I’ll suggest spending some more bucks for a better option since It’ll make your kitchen experience easier.