Finding the most reliable and durable magnetic knife holder for your decor is easier said than done. You may face compatibility issues with knife sizes or their weights.
But don’t worry. We have a collection of the best magnetic knife holders, depending on your needs. Starting from small kitchens to professional chefs, we have an option for all of you.
We also added a comparison chart so that finding an option doesn’t become a real headache. Here are seven best ones can choose from:
What Are The Best Magnetic Knife Holders In 2023
You can finally stop worrying about the magnetic knife holder’s strength and durability for varying knife sizes and weights. Here are the best ones for you:
- Best For Small Kitchens: HMmagnets Stainless Steel Magnetic Knife Holder
- Best For Professional Chefs: Dalstrong 12 Piece Magnetic Knife Block
- Best For All Home Kitchens: Ouddy 16 Inch Magnetic Knife Holder For Wall
- Best For Displaying Knives: Enoking Magnetic Knife Block
- Best For Wall-Mounted Storage: HOSHANHO Magnetic Knife Strips
- Best For Refrigerator: Hmmagnets Fridge Knife Holder With Anti-Slide
- Best For Preventing Damage To Knife: Modern Innovations Magnetic Knife Bar
Best Magnetic Knife Holders: Comparison Chart
In a hurry? Go through the comparison chart for an easy answer. You should find your best option in about a minute.
|Magnetic Knife Holders||Best For||Material Used||Maximum Knife Height Capacity||Length Of The Holder||Holder Weight|
|Ouddy Magnetic Knife Holder||Small Kitchen spaces||Stainless Steel||8||16 inches||1 pound|
|Dalstrong 12 Piece Magnetic Knife Block||Pro-chefs||Walnut Wood Block and Premium Magnets||12||12 inches||3 pounds|
|Ouddy 16 Inch Magnetic Knife Holder For Wall||All household kitchens||Stainless Steel||8||16 inches||1 pound|
|Enoking Magnetic Knife Block||Shops and mini stores, etc.||Wood, Glass, and magnet||12||9 inches||4.51 pounds|
|HOSHANHO Magnetic Knife Strips||Walls (Wood, brick, or plastic)||Wood and magnet||8||16 inches||1.7 pounds|
|Hmmagnets Fridge Knife Holder With Anti-Slide||Hanging knives on the refrigerator||Stainless Steel Type 304||8||12 inches||2.6 pounds|
|Modern Innovations Magnetic Knife Bar||Preventing knife edge damage||Stainless Steel||6||12 inches||0.64 pounds|
Top 7 Magnetic Knife Holders: For Regular Kitchens To Pro-Chefs
If you are still reading, then you must really be looking into finding the best option for you. Well, keep on reading. But don’t stress yourself. All the holders are top-notch.
1. Best For Small Kitchens: HMmagnets Stainless Steel Magnetic Knife Holder
- Length: 10 inches
- Material: Stainless steel metal surface
- Magnet strength: Heavy-duty magnets
- Magnet spread: Even magnetic force spreads across the bar
- Knife compatibility: Up to 7 knives
- Knife handle compatibility: Can hold knives with different handles
- Installation method: Wall-mounted
- Back-sided magnet pull force: No
- Multipurpose functionality: Yes
- Installation time: Takes less than 15 minutes
- Weight: Weighs 1.72 pounds
- Caution: Should be kept at least 6 inches away from pacemakers
- Saves counter space, drawer mess
- Holds any type of knife
- Easy to install
- Keeps knives visible and within reach
- Universal appeal fits any decor
- Should be kept at least 6 inches away from pacemakers
Small kitchens rarely have enough space for your plates, glasses, and spoons. Now, add a bunch of extra sharp knives, and you are in for some big trouble. Luckily, magnetic strips like the HMmagnets magnetic rack for the wall can save you tons of space on your small kitchen countertop.
Here are some features of the magnetic knife rack:
Save Precious Counter Space: 10 inches only.
Having a length of only 10 inches, the magnetic holder is perfect for any small kitchen. Plus, you can keep all your sharp knives within reach, with minimal counter space.
Multifunction (Holds other items like scissors or personal grooming tools)
In addition to holding your knives, the HMmagnets Magnetic Knife Holder can also hold nuts, bolts, scissors, or any other grooming tools. With a universal appeal and elegant design, it fits like a charm in any workshop, craft room, bathroom, etc.
Provides worry-free, safe storage
You will no longer have a hard time securing your knives or anything small. Equipped with a heavy-duty magnetic core, you will never lose its magnetic force. You can also securely hold 8 to 12-inch blades of varying weights without worrying about slipping or shifting knives.
Keeps knives Safe and Sharp
Accidental nicks and cuts may pop up when you leave the knives in a drawer space or on a cluttered counter. By keeping your blades on the organized magnetic holder, you can avoid all that and even reach them when you need them.
2. Best For Professional Chefs: Dalstrong 12 Piece Magnetic Knife Block
- Knife Storage: Up to 12 knives or any chef’s knives
- Design: 6 columns of varying height
- Magnets Design: Extra-strength, double-sided
- Hygiene: Smooth, open-air design
- The material used: Walnut wood, top-notch construction
- Interior: Fully magnetized interior columns
- Multifunctionality: Yes
- Necessary mounting hardware: Not needed
- Satisfaction: 100% satisfaction or money-back guarantee
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty against defect
- Strength: Powerful magnets ensure safety
- Access: Easily remove knives by twisting
- Safety feature: Prevents blades from falling or knives sliding
- The space-saving design saves valuable counter space.
- Securely holds knives for safe and easy access.
- Saves space and looks premium.
- Smooth, open-air design for easy cleaning.
- Fully magnetized interior columns.
- The price may be a bit much for regular users
Tired of your knives constantly falling out of their block? The Dalstrong 12 Piece Magnetic Knife block is here to save your chef’s life. Its wooden build looks super stylish, which will fit perfectly in any professional kitchen. Simply keep a knife near the wooden handle, and the knife will stay put.
Here are some features of the knife holder:
Master Your Craft: Perfect Set for Professional Chefs
Store and showcase your favorite knives in a safe, secure, and hygienic manner. The entire knife set is made from high-quality walnut wood and a magnetic core and ensures decades of use, scratch free.
Powerful Magnets: Safely Store 12 Knives at Once
Pro-chefs won’t have to get an extra knife holder after having the Dalstrong knife holder. With its double-sided magnets, you keep up to 12 knives securely and also prevent any falling or sliding off the block.
Inspiring Functionality and Artistic Vision
The unique and inspiring design of the Dalstrong Magnetic Knife Block gives any kitchen space a premium look. A six-column varying height and fully magnetized interior give this knife block versatility and awesome looks.
Smooth Wood Panels for Easy Cleaning
Cleaning your way out of any knife mess just got a bit too easy. Smooth wood panels and an open-air design ensure a more hygienic kitchen. Additionally, dirt or debris can’t get trapped in, unlike other conventional wood-slotted designs.
3. Best For All Home Kitchens: Ouddy 16 Inch Magnetic Knife Holder For Wall
- Material Used: Stainless Steel
- Weight: 1 pound
- Mounting: Wall-mounted
- Capacity: Multiple knives and other metal utensils
- Durability: Rust-resistant
- Cleaning: Easy to clean
- Versatility: Used as a kitchen utensil holder, tool holder, or art supply organizer
- Space-saving: Yes
- Easy installation: Comes with mounting hardware and installation instructions
- Safety: Should be placed at a height that children cannot reach
- Non-slip: Yes (if it’s metal)
- Aesthetics: Enhances kitchen decor
- Magnetic strength: More than 1000 Gauss
- Classy and attractive appearance
- Ideal for all small or medium kitchens
- Can hold non-knife utensils as well
- Strong and durable, and Rust-resistant
- Smooth, easy wiping surface
- You are required to drill holes or double-sided tape for wall mounting.
Cluttered and unsafe kitchens getting the best of you? Well, the Ouddy 16 Inch Magnetic Knife Holder for the wall is the solution you need. Its space-saving design and a secure hold will keep your knives organized and within reach.
Here are some features of this steel magnetic knife bar:
Space-Saving Design and Organized Design
The stainless steel magnetic knife holder is a space-saving solution for any home kitchen. Its extended length can hold up to 8 knives, making it perfect for small kitchens. Add an elegant and modern touch to your kitchen decor while also keeping your tools within reach.
Securely Hold Any Small 12 Inch Knives
The Ouddy’s magnetic bar can securely hold knives up to 12 inches and make sure they do not slide off. Its powerful magnets will keep your knives in place while also allowing you to easily take them down when needed.
Durable and Rust-Resistant (Made of Stainless Steel)
This magnetic knife bar is completely durable and rust-resistant. Ensuring a long-lasting service life, the holder will never lose its powerful magnetic charge. A reliable storage solution for your kitchen tools, indeed.
Wipe Clean Surface for Hygienic Storage
A simple wipe clean should be enough to get any dirt and debris out of the Ouddy magnetic knife racks. You can stop worrying about the gaps that are difficult to clean out.
4. Best For Displaying Knives: Enoking Magnetic Knife Block
- Best Use: For displaying knives
- Design: Double-sided magnetic knife block
- Capacity: Up to 12 knives
- Shield: Protective transparent acrylic shield
- Feet: Anti-slip feet for stability
- Friction Prevention: Yes
- Cleaning: Easy to clean and maintain
- Space-saving: Stylish space-saving design
- Secure: Securely holds knives in place
- Installation: No installation is required
- Weight: Block has a little bit of weight for stability
- Warranty: Lifetime customer service guarantee
- Stylish and space-saving design
- Powerful double-sided magnets
- Displays and organizes knife collection
- Anti-slip feet and faster cleaning time
- No installation required
- The screws on the face plates need replacement if kept in moist conditions
The Enoking Magnetic Knife Block showcases up to 12 knives in style, keeping them secure with anti-slip feet. On top of that, it preserves their sharpness and is super easy to clean and maintain. One of the best countertop display knife holders for sure.
Here are some features of the knife holder:
Showcase Up to 12 Knives in Style
Offering a stylish and space-saving option, the Enoking Magnetic Knife Block is perfect for displaying all your knife collections. Showcase up to 12 knives at a single go with this elegant and modern design.
Anti-Slip Feet Keep Your Knives Secure
Having anti-slip feet that keep the block stable, the holder will prevent slipping or shaking, even after an earthquake. Then again, the crystal shield keeps knives out of reach from children and pets and protects knives from grease.
Keep Your Knives Sharp and Durable
Most magnetic knife holders don’t let knives stay durable with unnecessary friction. However, the Enoking Magnetic one is made from natural, high-quality acacia wood. This keeps your knife’s razor sharp and away from edge friction.
Easy to Clean and Maintain
Unlike regular knife storage solutions or in-drawer bamboo knife blocks, this wooden knife block won’t damage your walls or kitchen countertops. Give it a good dusting, and it will turn clean in no time.
5. Best For Wall-Mounted Storage: HOSHANHO Magnetic Knife Strips
- The material used: Acacia wood
- Magnet Rows: Two rows
- Magnet Force: Stronger adsorption force
- Length: 16 inches
- Width: 2.5 inches
- Installation: Drilling and no-drill options
- Weight: 1.69 pounds
- Versatility: Can be used as a kitchen utensil holder, home organizer, and art supply organizer
- Space-saving: Yes
- Compatibility: Suitable for metallic utensils
- Durability: Ultra-sturdy and easy to clean
- Strength: Can hold more than 12-inch knives securely
- A strong magnet holds knives securely.
- No need to take up counter space.
- Easy to install with or without drilling.
- Fits in small or narrow spaces.
- Versatile for organizing other items.
- If you drill the wall, then you need to take your own measurement.
HOSHANHO’s Magnetic Knife Strips’ strong magnets give your kitchen a stylish, modern look without being too expensive. No drilling is needed to fit this 16-inch size magnetic holder, plus it keeps all your knives or metal utensils at arm’s reach.
Here are some features of this knife holder:
No Drilling is Required for Wall Installation
Drilling holes for installation is a thing of the past after you get the HOSHANHO Magnetic Knife Strips. All you need is to use double-sided tape on smooth and stain-free walls.
Arc Stylish Design with Strong Magnets
The magnetic knife strip adds a sleek and modern look to your kitchen, living room, or any other place you want. A built-in two rows of powerful magnets run through the entire strip, providing ultra-strong adsorption force.
Maximizing Kitchen Space with 16 Inch Size
The 16-inch surface space of the knife strip reduces the amount of wasted space. Whether it be a bread knife, pocket knife, paring knife, or any other knife up to 12 inches, the HOSHANHO holds all your knives secure and stable.
6. Best For Refrigerator: Hmmagnets Fridge Knife Holder With Anti-Slide
- Size: 12″ x 1.88″ x 0.66″ (30.5cm x 4.8cm x 1.7cm)
- Material: High-quality stainless steel (type 304)
- Design: Sleek, elegant, modern
- Mounting: Magnetic (for the fridge), optional drill installation (for the wall)
- Capacity: Holds any type of knife firmly and securely
- Double-Sided: Magnets on both front and back side
- Compatibility: Works with any steel surface in your kitchen
- Corrosion Resistance: Type 304 stainless steel
- Cleaning: Easy to wipe and clean
- Pacemaker Safety: Keep a distance of at least 6 inches from the magnet bar
- Orientation: Install horizontally, knives placed vertically
- Saves kitchen counter space and is a good price at the time.
- Provides easy access to all knives.
- No scratches to the freeze or knives.
- Prevents blades from getting damaged.
- Helps keep kitchen drawers organized.
- You need to keep it away from pacemakers.
Sometimes, using a knife block on the refrigerator is our only way out of a small kitchen space. The Hmmagnets fridge knife holder attaches to your fridge and keeps your knives scratch-free. Here are some features of this knife holder metal strip:
Easily Hangs Clings to the Freezer
The Hmmagnets Fridge Knife Holder’s double-sided and heavy-duty magnets easily attach to the side of your refrigerator or any other steel surface. So, installing it in your kitchen is nearly worry-free.
Anti-Slide and Anti-Scratch Features for Knives
Featuring anti-slide patches on its back, the holder prevents itself and all knives from sliding down, even on uneven surfaces. The magnetic strip is designed to hold any type of knife, from the largest and heaviest to the smallest and skinniest, preventing any hint of a wobble.
Type 304 Stainless Steel for Durability
For the most part, this knife bar is made from high-quality stainless steel (Type 304), which has higher corrosion resistance than Type 201. So, it’s highly durable and offers an easy-to-clean design that fits into any kitchen style.
7. Best For Preventing Damage To Knife Blades: Modern Innovations magnetic knife strips
- Material Color: Stainless Steel
- Color: Silver
- Mounting Type: Wall Mount
- Package Dimensions: 12.09 x 2.72 x 1.14 inches
- Item Weight: 10.2 ounces
- Double-sided surface: Yes
- Ultra-strong magnet: Yes
- Corrosion-resistant: Yes
- Heat-resistant: Yes
- Number of metal hooks: 8
- Multipurpose use: Yes
- Fully magnetic surface: Yes
- Premium quality stainless steel: Yes
- Other items: Yes. Organize knives, scissors, tools, children’s toys, keys, and more.
- Easy knife access saves time.
- Strong magnets hold all knives securely.
- Corrosion-resistant and heat-resistant material.
- Versatile storage solution for utensils.
- Keeps your knife edges sharp for longer
- You won’t get a wooden vibe from it.
Safely store your knives and prevent accidents, injuries, and edge damage with the Modern Innovations Magnetic Knife Bar. It’s premium quality stainless steel coating is corrosion and heat-resistant, and you can house about a dozen knives and other items.
Here are some features of this knife holder:
Prevent Accidents, Injuries, and knife damage.
Modern Innovations Magnetic Knife Bar is the best solution to prevent accidents, injuries, and damage to your knife blades. With a dual-layer magnet structure, you can’t stop overthinking about the knives falling off and causing accidents.
Corrosion-Resistant and Heat-Resistant
A high-grade stainless steel outer layer ensures corrosion-resistant and heat-resistant to the knife. On top of that, it is also fire-resistant, making it a safe option for your kitchen.
Ultra-Strong Double-Sided Magnet Holds Even Large Knives
Doesn’t matter how big the knives are; the ultra-strong double-sided magnet can take care of them all. It prevents damage to your blades and can also hold scissors, tools, and other metal items. So, it’s a super versatile storage solution.
How Do I Choose A Magnetic Knife Holder: Buying Guide
When you know the type of magnetic holder you need, getting the best option becomes way too easy. Here are the things you need to know:
Consider The Size Of The Magnetic Knife Holder (12 To 18 Inches)
The size of the holder will determine how many knives you can fit all together. Look for a length between 12 to 18 to set you up. You also need to consider the spacing you have, as smaller kitchen spaces don’t need to be sized with magnetic holders.
Evaluate The Magnet Strength (900 To 1200 Gauss)
Who would want a magnet that can’t even hold your knives properly? This is where the strength of the holder kicks in. Choose a holder with a magnet strength between 900 to 1200 gauss for maximum security.
Or just test it before getting the knife holder. Heavier knives need a heavy-duty magnet, while for pocket knives, any strength level would do.
Check The Material Quality Of The Magnetic Knife Holder (Stainless Steel, Bamboo, Or Acacia Wood)
Though it’s a magnetic knife holder, you should never back down on the durability and aesthetics. Go for holders having a core of Neodymium and the outer part of stainless steel, bamboo, acacia, or natural wood. This will ensure long-lasting use and productivity.
Determine The Number Of Knives It Can Hold (6 To 10 Knives)
Most of us have about half a dozen knives lying around. If you have a bigger knife collection, then pick a magnetic knife strip bigger than 18 inches and enough strength to hold all the knives.
Assess The Mounting Options (Wall-Mounted Or Freestanding)
Wall-mounted holders save counter space, while freestanding holders are easily movable in the kitchen. It’s your call which one you want to choose.
Look For A Holder With Easy Access To The Knives (Accessible And Visible)
With an easily accessible holder, you can save time and effort in the kitchen. So, make sure the holder keeps your knives visible and within reach for quick meal prep. The space where you want to mount the magnetic holder should be at arm’s reach as well.
Determine The Safety Features Of The Magnetic Knife Holder (Protective Covers Or Shields)
Look for a holder that has protective covers or shields to prevent accidental cuts or damage to your cutting edge. You can go for regular steel surface magnetic holders, but remember to keep them away from children or busy work spaces.
Make sure you read everything about all the strips and then try it out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Neodymium magnetic knife strips with a rust-resistant stainless steel covering are the kind of knife magnet you need for your knife holder. You can choose other knife holder materials like wood or alloy metal surfaces as well. But remember to get a neodymium magnet as its base.
Yes. Magnetic holders are great for knives, especially if you want to keep the edges sharp. Turns out, magnetic knife strips separate the edges from friction, maintaining sharp edges for longer.
Well, a good knife holder is something that holds your knives firm, keeps them organized and sharp, and is easily accessible. You can go for stainless steel base, wood, or regular plastic. Just make sure it fits the decor of your workspace.
Getting the best magnetic knife holder depends on the type of kitchen you have, the number of knives you need, and the durability. Who would want to replace a knife holder every once in a while, right?
There are also factors like where you use the holder and how you use it. If you prefer mounting the holder in the wall, then the Ouddy 16 Inch offers everything you need. But, if you want to place the knives on a countertop, the Enoking Magnetic is your best option.
Let us know which magnetic knife holder you’re going for and why in the comment section!